It’s no secret that onboarding can be a busy process each time you accept a new contract and get ready to start. Between all your licenses/certifications, immunizations/titers, and getting ready to actually go – keeping track of all your paperwork gets tedious!
The best part of working with a recruiter though is that they can take that extra time to compile a list of everything you need to submit, review all the documents for expirations and accuracy, and submit all the credentials to the facility for you.
We at Capstone Healthcare Staffing have designed an efficient and straightforward onboarding process, that gets you started quickly!
What is onboarding?
Onboarding is a process in which all paperwork, transcripts, and other documentation are collected and approved. Capstone Healthcare has designated a credentialing team who assists in reviewing and approving everything that is sent before being submitted.
During the process, we must make sure that our nurses meet the facility, state-specific, and Capstone requirements. Our team is attentive to the time frame needed to get your documentation submitted and will frequently follow up with a reminder about what is still needed.
What should you have ready to speed up the process?
Thankfully, many facilities have a similar list of requirements that we can use as a base to build your documents file. Typically, you will want to have these credentials ready to submit:
- Employment Preferences (location, shifts, type of contract, discipline & specialty)
- Updated resume
- Reference Information (name, phone number, email)
- Physical / Statement of good health from a physician within the last year
- Respirator Fit Test (N95) within the last year
- Drug Screen within the last year
- Hepatitis B titer or testing or declination form
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) 2 dose record or titer
- Varicella 2 dose record or titer
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis (TDaP) Vaccination or titer within the last 10 years
- Tuberculosis (TB) test records
- Tuberculin Skin Test (TST) 2 Step within the last year
- QuantiFERON (TB Gold) Blood Test within the last year
- Chest X-Ray within the last 4 years
- Flu shot for the current season or declination form
- Covid Vaccinations or exemption form
Identification & Certifications
- Documents to verify identity and eligibility to work (passport, alien registration card, permanent resident card, etc) or a combination of identity (driver’s license, ID card, voter’s registration card, military card, etc.) and eligibility for legal work (social security card, u.s. birth certificate, citizen ID card, etc.)
- Photo for your badge
- Basic Life Support Certification (BLS) unexpired from the American Heart Association (AHA)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) unexpired from the American Heart Association (AHA)
- Additional Certifications that you have may include PALS, FHM, NRP, NIHSS, CPN, TNCC, OCN, CCRN
What does Capstone Healthcare Staffing provide?
- Skills Checklist and Testing specific to your specialty
- Employment Documents (Benefits, Direct Deposit, Application Disclosure, W4, I9, Worker’s Comp, etc.)
- License Lookup & Review
- Background Checks
- Reference Checks
- HIPAA Certification
- Drug Screen & Respirator Fit test**
**Since we are a Texas-based company, we can provide a free yearly drug screen and respirator fit test at our Tyler or Plano Texas offices only.
What can you use to keep organized?
- Screenshot everything or keep each document as a PDF in a digital file on your phone or computer
- A binder or folder for paper copies to take to each assignment
- Ask your recruiter to keep everything updated in the office!
What can you do now?
With this list, you are sure to make any facility fall in love with your preparedness, and ready yourself for a quick start! Once you’re ready to consider your next assignment, give us a call to talk to a recruiter about what we have ready to go!